Sunday, June 26, 2005

Encountered While Traveling

RUDY "...So wrongly the world judges [red] heads, and even if one were to stand upon his, it would do no good. Prejudice is a brick wall, and those who run against it rebound with bloody heads. I have taken the wide world for my home, and the wide world is much closer than you think. From the thorn bush of bitter experience I have carved for myself a walking stick; I've put on my seven-league boats, waved my traveling cap quietly, and with one step I've entered the wide world."

LADY CYPRESSBURG: "How prodigally he uses 20 elevated words to express what one could say in a syllable! The person obviously has an aptitude for literature."

Johan Nestroy-'The Talisman'

3 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

Such fun quotes! And the Harris quote you have on your banner was one I had underlined in my copy of his book too. Literature adds so much joy to my life! Keep posting! Mind if I link your site on mine?

Filia Dei said...

I'd be honored to be included in coveted spot on that exclusive list: as long as you don't mind if I do the same! And I'm quite excited to find a kindred spirit in quotations...

Kelly Jo said...

My pleasure...